Sunday, October 18, 2009

Unpleasent surprise

Well yesterday I was helping Ray clean the backroom so that he can finish refininshing the floor and so we can start painting. As I pulled off a picture from the wall some of the paint came with it. No big deal right? Well I noticed that there was brown spot on the wall. I asked Ray what it could be? His response mold.
I'm not happy about this discovery. I'm glad we found it now and not after the baby was already living in the room. I would hate to think what that would do to a newborn! But it does mean we are in the process of stripping the paint in the room to see where the mold is and to clean the mold. I'm also puzzled as to how the mold got there in the first place. I can't see any water damage and the wall is not currently wet so how do we have mold between the paint and the wall? Well anyways, we have a lot of work ahead. Must more work than we had thought but we'll do what we have to for a healthy baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment